Teaching Programs in Rhode Island
Rhode Island is known for its success in many fields and industries. The good news for students all over the state is that Rhode Island is particularly renowned for its education system. The funding of schools, training of teachers, and expectations of students have created an environment in which students thrive.
Rhode Island is one of 16 states that was recently approved for a federal education initiative. An interest in education can take you down the path of early childhood, elementary, secondary, or special education.
Discover the opportunities available in Rhode Island by contacting teaching programs in Rhode Island.
Getting accepted to a teaching program is a bit different from getting accepted to any other type of program. You must undergo a rigorous background check to prove that you are safe in a classroom setting. In addition, you must take an entrance exam called the PRAXIS. Once you’ve met the requirements for your specific school, you may start taking your undergraduate or graduate education courses.
Course names and subjects are extremely diverse across the many disciplines represented in education. If you want to become a special education teacher, you may find that you take courses like Education for Teachers of Disabled Students, Inclusive Classroom Settings, Classroom Management and Interventions, Assistive Technology in the Classroom, Families and Schools, Curriculum and Transitions for the Special Education Classroom, and Education of Children with Learning Disabilities.
Many schools require you to complete a classroom experience course in your first semester to assess your interaction with students. Appropriately, then, your education ends with student teaching.
If you are willing to put in some work and write some essays, you may find that there are many different financial aid options for aspiring Rhode Island teachers. The Rhode Island Foundation is one of the most prominent financial aid organizations in the entire state.
Rhode Island has a strong community of teachers, administrators, and educational support staff. Becoming part of this community as quickly as possible can help you get established in your career. One prominent education association in Rhode Island is the National Education Association of Rhode Island.
The education industry of Rhode Island is currently fairly stable. From 2012 through 2022, elementary school teachers may enjoy a 6% increase in job openings (O*Net, 2015). Job growth for secondary school teachers may create over 100 new jobs per year in this time period (O*Net, 2015).
- Elementary School Teachers in Rhode Island: $71,800 per year (BLS, 2015)
- Secondary School Teachers in Rhode Island: $68,790 per year (BLS, 2015)
- Post-Secondary Teachers in Rhode Island: No salary information available
Teacher Training Programs in Rhode Island
- University of Rhode Island: Through University of Rhode Island e-Campus, students can get access to a variety of teaching programs. The teaching program offers certification options in elementary education, secondary education, physical education, and music education. University of Rhode Island summer courses cover topics like adult education, literacy difficulties, and language study.
- Grand Canyon University Online: Working teachers may find what they’re looking for in graduate-level Grand Canyon University degrees. A wide range of graduate teaching programs are available at Grand Canyon University Online, including reading for elementary educators, gifted education, teaching English as a second language, and early education.
- Rhode Island College: Undergraduate students at RIC may explore many certification paths. Covered academic areas include biology, chemistry, English, French, general science, history, mathematics, physics, and world language.
- Curriculum/Instruction, English/Language Arts, History/Social Studies, Science
- English/Language Arts, Foreign Languages, History/Social Studies, Math, Reading/Literacy, Science, Special Ed
- NCATE accredited
- Art, Career/Vocational, English/Language Arts, ESL/TESOL, Phys Ed/Health, Reading/Literacy
- Art, Curriculum/Instruction
- English/Language Arts, Foreign Languages, History/Social Studies, Math, Reading/Literacy, Science
- NCATE accredited
- Adult/Higher Ed, English/Language Arts, Foreign Languages, History/Social Studies, Math, Music, Phys Ed/Health, Reading/Literacy, Science, Special Ed, Speech/Communications
SEARCH YOUR STATE
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia