Liberty University Online Teaching Degrees
Liberty University has several programs in education for prospective students. Along with their degree options, they offer several teaching certificate programs in specialized areas. Whether you want to earn your undergraduate or graduate level education, there are many Liberty University online programs you can consider. The online programs at Liberty can be completed 100% at a distance from campus.
Liberty University was founded in 1956 by Jerry Falwell, who went on to gain international recognition for his ministry on radio and television. Currently, there are over 94,000 students who are enrolled in Liberty University online academy programs. These learners span all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
Liberty University has 358 residential degree programs and 284 online programs that students can consider. There are 78 undergraduate, 171 graduate and 28 Doctoral programs offered online. Liberty also offers grant, loan, and scholarship options, plus they host Financial Aid TV that can assist with financial aid matters. If you have questions about the Liberty University application process, contact their school advisors to make sure you have all the info you need. We also include information about how many students attend Liberty University and other quick facts below.
There are 16 colleges and schools at Liberty University that educate students from all 50 states and over 80 countries. If you prefer individualized attention and small class sizes, you’re in luck. In undergraduate programs, there is a 24:1 student teacher ratio. In graduate programs, there is an 8:1 student to teacher ratio. For online courses, even though a classroom experience is not necessary, the student to instructor ratio is still 17:1 for Liberty University distance education programs.
Liberty students are also known for their generous spirit. Annually, students volunteer about 100,000 hours of time to their favorite charitable organizations. And if you enjoy sports or live near campus, you can immerse yourself in student life. Liberty U hosts Division I athletics, and an endless variety of events and groups you can join to make new friends and network with likeminded peers. Be sure to write down other points that might be important to your decision to enroll.
Liberty University Grad Rate, Enrollment and Financial Aid Information:
- Graduation rate: 47%
- Typical tuition: $23,468
- % of students on financial aid: 84%
- Students enrolled: 80,494
*All data retrieved from Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (Ipeds, 2017)
Liberty University Online Programs – Bachelor’s Degrees
There are several Liberty University online programs in the field of education for students at all levels. If you are just starting out, you can being by enrolling in an Associate’s program that is focused on education in general, or one that is concentrated on early childhood education. Either of these options should give you a starting point on which you can build towards licensure. The curriculum will focus on…
Liberty University Bachelor’s in Education programs offer students several options as well. If you have your Associate’s level education, or just starting out, you can look into one of their residential or online Bachelor’s in Education degrees.
If you want to pursue an online degree in education, Liberty University offers the following Bachelor’s programs in a distance-learning format:
- BS: Early Childhood Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- BS: Elementary Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- BS: Special Education: Disciplinary Studies
Liberty University Online Master’s in Education Programs
For students who complete a Bachelor’s program in education the next step is generally a Master’s degree program. This can help you meet certain teaching license requirements in your state, and help you qualify for specialized roles in special education, elementary education, and other targeted areas. You might also decide that you want to work at the executive level, and make a greater impact in curriculum development, public policy, and other “big picture” areas of education. If so, speak with the advisors at Liberty University about the learning outcomes of their Master’s level programs. You can find online options of all the Liberty University Master’s in Education programs that are listed below.
Liberty University Online Doctor in Education Programs
Having several options for online Doctor of Education programs may seem unlikely to some students. But at Liberty University, you have several options for degree programs at the Doctoral level. Whether you want to focus on curriculum and instruction, leadership, elementary or secondary education, you have options for your consideration at Liberty University Online. In fact, you can pursue any of the EDD & EDS in Education programs online that are listed in the drop-down menu in the previous section.
When you complete a Liberty University Online Doctor of Education program, you should be equipped to work at the highest levels of your specialty area. Not only can you make an impact in your school district or educational institution, you can also work for private companies, non-profit, and government agencies to help shape public policy and other aspects of the field that help students learn more effectively.
Liberty Online University Programs In Education:
- CRT: Preschool – Certificate
- CTG: Autism Education – Graduate Certificate
- CTG: Educational Technology and Online Instruction – Graduate Certificate
- CTG: Gifted Education – Graduate Certificate
- CTG: Middle Grades – Graduate Certificate
- CTG: Preschool – Graduate Certificate
- CTG: School Leadership
- AA: Early Childhood Education – Associate of Arts
- AA: Education – Associate of Arts
- BS: Early Childhood Education in Interdisciplinary Studies – Bachelor of Science
- BS: Elementary Education in Interdisciplinary Studies – Bachelor of Science
- BS: Special Education: Interdisciplinary Studies – Bachelor of Science
- MA: History: Comprehensive Track – Master of Art
- MED: Teaching and Learning
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Early Childhood Education
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Educational Technology and Online Instruction
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Elementary Education
- MED: Teaching and Learning: English
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Gifted Education
- MED: Teaching and Learning: History
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Leadership
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Middle Grades
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Special Education
- MED: Teaching and Learning: Student Services
- EDD: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- EDD: Community Care & Counseling: Pastoral Counseling
- PHD: Counselor Education and Supervision
- EDD: Curriculum and Instruction
- EDD: Curriculum and Instruction/Elementary Education
- EDD: Curriculum and Instruction/Middle-Grades Education
- EDD: Curriculum and Instruction/Secondary Education
- EDD: Educational Leadership
- EDS: Curriculum and Instruction
- EDS: Curriculum and Instruction/Elementary Education
- EDS: Curriculum and Instruction/Middle-Grades Education
- EDS: Curriculum and Instruction/Secondary Education
- EDS: Curriculum and Instruction/Special Education
- EDS: Educational Leadership
To learn more about the Liberty University application process and requirements for their education programs, speak with a school advisor before starting your application. They will be able to help ensure you choose the right path for your short-term and long-term goals in education.